Bungay Town Ladies let it slip again to Taverham
Bungay Town Ladies lost yet again to the odd goal, this time 4-3 to a surprisingly strong Taverham side who belied their lowly position in the league.
In a game spoilt by the near gale force wind, Bungay took an early lead as Imogen Williams turned well to steer home Bec Goffin's pass.
But as usual Bungay's phobia came back to haunt them as Taverham scored a scrambled goal as a wind assisted corner was cleared on to a post and a Taverham player headed in the rebound.
Bungay regained the lead as Williams headed home over the keeper, but the lead did not last for long as Taverham equalised with the last kick of the half as their speedy forward raced clear to steer the ball home off the far post.
Taverham soon took the lead as hesitation allowed a forward to nip in and round keeper Remy Dowe.
You may also want to watch:
Bungay kept fighting and brought the game level again as Williams completed her hat-trick.
But Bungay hit the self-destruct button and allowed a Taverham forward to run through to again beat Remy.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 7 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
However, much Bungay pressed they could not find a way through again. Top player: Emily Robbins.