Bungay Town Ladies let it slip again to Taverham
Bungay Town Ladies lost yet again to the odd goal, this time 4-3 to a surprisingly strong Taverham side who belied their lowly position in the league.
In a game spoilt by the near gale force wind, Bungay took an early lead as Imogen Williams turned well to steer home Bec Goffin's pass.
But as usual Bungay's phobia came back to haunt them as Taverham scored a scrambled goal as a wind assisted corner was cleared on to a post and a Taverham player headed in the rebound.
Bungay regained the lead as Williams headed home over the keeper, but the lead did not last for long as Taverham equalised with the last kick of the half as their speedy forward raced clear to steer the ball home off the far post.
Taverham soon took the lead as hesitation allowed a forward to nip in and round keeper Remy Dowe.
You may also want to watch:
Bungay kept fighting and brought the game level again as Williams completed her hat-trick.
But Bungay hit the self-destruct button and allowed a Taverham forward to run through to again beat Remy.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash
- 4 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 5 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 6 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 7 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Minke whale washes up on beach
However, much Bungay pressed they could not find a way through again. Top player: Emily Robbins.