Bumper-to-bumper action as King’s Lynn’s Norfolk Arena hosts 2L Banger World Final
The highlight of the banger racing season took place at King's Lynn's Norfolk Arena at the weekend as drivers battled it out to be crowned world champion.
More than 100 2L Bangers went bumper-to-bumper, and then some, during the prestigious 2L Banger World Final.
Bourne's Jonny Atkin lifted the sought-after title, pipping second-placed Deane Mayes (North Walsham) and Andy Ashman (Colchester) to the crown.
London's Jason Jackson had led the race until two laps to go when he came foul of a back marker.
In the rest of the meeting Ricky Twell (Lynn) won the consolation whilst Wayne Cottrill (Wisbech) was the best local finisher in the World Masters in fifth place.
You may also want to watch:
Both 2L Stock Car finals were won by drivers from Lynn with Willie Skoyles winning Saturday's main event and Jamie Sampson repeating the feat on Sunday.
Stock car and banger racing returns to the Norfolk Arena this Saturday (6pm) for one of the highlights of the season – the first of the 2012 BriSCA F1 Stock Car World Championship Semi Finals.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
The meeting promises to be a cracker with driver bookings edging towards 60 F1s.
Support action comes from the always popular F2 Stock Cars and the BriSCA MiniStox.