Bumper-to-bumper action as King’s Lynn’s Norfolk Arena hosts 2L Banger World Final
The highlight of the banger racing season took place at King's Lynn's Norfolk Arena at the weekend as drivers battled it out to be crowned world champion.
More than 100 2L Bangers went bumper-to-bumper, and then some, during the prestigious 2L Banger World Final.
Bourne's Jonny Atkin lifted the sought-after title, pipping second-placed Deane Mayes (North Walsham) and Andy Ashman (Colchester) to the crown.
London's Jason Jackson had led the race until two laps to go when he came foul of a back marker.
In the rest of the meeting Ricky Twell (Lynn) won the consolation whilst Wayne Cottrill (Wisbech) was the best local finisher in the World Masters in fifth place.
You may also want to watch:
Both 2L Stock Car finals were won by drivers from Lynn with Willie Skoyles winning Saturday's main event and Jamie Sampson repeating the feat on Sunday.
Stock car and banger racing returns to the Norfolk Arena this Saturday (6pm) for one of the highlights of the season – the first of the 2012 BriSCA F1 Stock Car World Championship Semi Finals.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 7 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 8 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
The meeting promises to be a cracker with driver bookings edging towards 60 F1s.
Support action comes from the always popular F2 Stock Cars and the BriSCA MiniStox.