Bumper entry brings season to conclusion in exciting fashion
A bumper entry saw more than 70 players competing in an end-of-season moderates tournament at the UEA Sportspark.
In the level doubles event, 44 men played many closely contested matches.
Ben Hicken and Matt Haynes (UEA) reached the final with a 21-16 victory over Matt and Dan Farrow (APP) in the semis, while James Spinks and Ricky Dally (Teachers) beat Richard Smith and George Britcher 21-19.
The final produced another close match, won by Hicken and Haynes 21-17.
Two Under-17 pairs were the stars of the women's doubles event. In the semi-finals Lauren Read and Amy Sharman beat Kim Savory and Sarah Williams (CIA), while Kathryn Adamson and Devon Minnis came out on top against Sally Bridgstock and Sarah Sharp (Tasburgh).
You may also want to watch:
This set up a close and exciting final between the youngsters which was won by Read and Sharman 21-20.
Sixteen pairs entered the mixed doubles. Eddie Simmons and Suzanne Benton (YMCA) won their semi-final against Tim Harrison and Nova Fairbank 15-8, 15-6, while Joe Webb and Joy Brown (Teachers) beat Darren Ellis and Joy Eglen (FBI) 10-15, 15-10, 15-6.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 5 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 6 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 9 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 10 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
An exhausting 15-10, 15-11 final went the way of Webb and Brown.