Bumper entry brings season to conclusion in exciting fashion
A bumper entry saw more than 70 players competing in an end-of-season moderates tournament at the UEA Sportspark.
In the level doubles event, 44 men played many closely contested matches.
Ben Hicken and Matt Haynes (UEA) reached the final with a 21-16 victory over Matt and Dan Farrow (APP) in the semis, while James Spinks and Ricky Dally (Teachers) beat Richard Smith and George Britcher 21-19.
The final produced another close match, won by Hicken and Haynes 21-17.
Two Under-17 pairs were the stars of the women's doubles event. In the semi-finals Lauren Read and Amy Sharman beat Kim Savory and Sarah Williams (CIA), while Kathryn Adamson and Devon Minnis came out on top against Sally Bridgstock and Sarah Sharp (Tasburgh).
You may also want to watch:
This set up a close and exciting final between the youngsters which was won by Read and Sharman 21-20.
Sixteen pairs entered the mixed doubles. Eddie Simmons and Suzanne Benton (YMCA) won their semi-final against Tim Harrison and Nova Fairbank 15-8, 15-6, while Joe Webb and Joy Brown (Teachers) beat Darren Ellis and Joy Eglen (FBI) 10-15, 15-10, 15-6.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 8 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 9 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 10 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
An exhausting 15-10, 15-11 final went the way of Webb and Brown.