Bulman’s brace cuts Acle’s lead at top of Anglian Combination
James Bulman scored twice as Blofield United inflicted a first defeat of the season on Premier Division leaders Acle United on Saturday.
Daniel Foreman replied for Acle, but the 2-1 defeat sees their advantage at the top reduced to three points.
Spixworth moved up to fourth courtesy of a 2-1 win at Beccles Town.
Ben Gowing and Matthew Elwin helped the visitors record their third win of the campaign, with Kevin Waterman on target for lowly Beccles.
Wroxham Reserves moved above Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves in the table after a 3-0 victory at Walmer Road.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie George struck twice and Samuel Harty also found the net as the visitors emerged with a comfortable victory.
Division One leaders Corton crushed Poringland Wanderers 5-0 as Cai King fired a hat-trick. Adam King and Ritchi High were also on target.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
Norwich CEYMS put eight past hapless Wells Town without reply from the bottom side. Shaun Kelly's hat-trick was supplemented by goals from Thomas Amis (2), David Tayler, Matthew Adcock and Leon Brock.
Holt United won 4-0 at home to Hindringham with goals from Christopher Fuller (2), Matthew Sanders and James Wright.
Hellesdon are still searching for their first point after a 4-3 defeat at Watton United.
Mark Allibone (2), Xavier Huckle and Gavin Norman found the net for the hosts, with Jonathan Fox (2) and Mark Cornfield netting for Hellesdon.