Building up to the big British title fight between Norwich’s Sam Sexton and Gary Cornish
- Credit: Archant
Sam Sexton faces the biggest challenge of his boxing career on Friday night when he takes on Gary Cornish for the vacant British heavyweight title.
Sexton has the edge in experience – this is his third attempt at the title – but is three years old than the Scot, who will have the advantage of a home crowd at the Meadowbank Sports Centre in Edinburgh.
However, the travelling Norwich supporters are sure to make their presence felt, as usual, as they root for Sexton to become the first Norwich boxer to bring the title back to the city.
The only other Norwich-born fighter to win a British title is Jon Thaxton,wWho will be alongside trainer Graham Everett in Sexton's corner tonight.
Updates from Chris Lakey tonight.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low