Browston A close in on promotion spot after Wymondham win
- Credit: James Bass
The only match in Division Two of the Norfolk CIBA County Bowls League this weekend saw Browston A move into the second promotion spot after they won at Wymondham B 82-70.
The top rink honours were shared by the Browston rinks skipped by Vic Moore 21-13 and Dennis Pratt 25-17.
In Division Three (North) already promoted Hunstanton continued their unbeaten season by winning away at Roundwood C 91-83, Kevin Johnson's rink winning 29-15. Old Hall have moved into second place in the table after they won away at Woodlands B 89-79, Brian Hall's rink winning 31-11. Lynnsport B drop to third place after they lost away at Pentney B 84-72, David Futter's rink winning for the home team 24-13.
Roundwood A also continue to be unbeaten in Division Three (Central) with a win at County Arts C 93-74, their rinks skipped by Arnie Ingram 29-17 and Norman Rollo 28-16 sharing top rink. The Brecks beat Diss B at home 95-75, their rink skipped by David Kay winning 34-14.
The Division Three (South) title challenge is now a two-horse race between Lowestoft Rail and Acle C. Acle C ended Great Yarmouth's chances after they beat them at home 112-63, Alan Kendall's rink winning 34-12. Lowestoft Rail stay top however after they won away at Norfolk BC C 105-49, Roger McGee's rink winning 34-11. Browston B move up to third place after they won at home to Roundwood B 119-42, Michael Howell's rink top scoring 30-8.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 7 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones