Broadland win, while Fakenham and Cromer share spoils
Broadland are the main beneficiaries in the Premier Division of the Anaco-sponsored Norfolk SRA leagues following their 14-6 victory away at Oasis.
Dave Horrex won the fourth-string match for Oasis, beating Mike Hill 3-1, but this was their only success as Steve Moxey, Dan Jacobs and Ian Cox all won their matches 3-1. Moxey beat Mark Thomas, Jacobs had a narrow 13-11 13-11, 15-17 13-11 victory over Andy Trim and Ian Cox beat Liam Nolan in the first string match.
There was a remarkable match at Fakenham in Division One where the home side shared the points with Cromer in a 12-12 draw with every match being decided over five games. For Fakenham, Nick Todd-Hunter beat the visiting captain Henri Paul, but Alex Foster drew Cromer level as he won 3-2 against Nicky Green. Fakenham edged ahead with Martin Jolley coming from behind to beat Ben Herrieven 13-10 11-13 10-13 13-11 13-11 and then in a nail-biting first string match Richard Keeble came from 2-1 down to beat Liam O'Sullivan 15-13 in the fifth.
Broadland II were too strong for Bannatyne's II, winning 16-2 as Justin Miller and young Will Henden both won their matches 3-1, while Jon Bird and Rob Hambrook both won in straight games.
At Gresham's School there was a much closer match in which North Norfolk beat North Walsham II 13-7. For Walsham Ben Harris won 3-against Devendra Mahatme while Kevin Blake did the same for the home side against Phil Slack.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Purling won the second string match for North Walsham, beating Jason Gollaglee 3-2, but Simon Watson made sure of the bonus points for North Norfolk, beating James Gair in straight games.
North Walsham III were more successful in Division Two, winning 13-4 away to Diss II. Luke Whiting and Robert Whiting both won in straight games while David Attew won 3-1. Jason Austin, who beat Robert Stimpson 3-0, was the one Diss winner.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 5 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 6 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Get used to phone appointments or the NHS collapses - GP tells patients
In the all-Broadland match at Fleggburgh, Broadland III beat Broadland Hunter 13-4. Mark Woolner and youngster Sam Henden won in straight games while veteran Geoff Roper won 3-1. Chris Ashman who beat Andy Ford 3-0 won for Hunters. Potters won 11-6 away to Cromer II for whom John Chandler won 3-1 and John Baker won 3-0.