British title for Norwich cyclist Emma Pooley
- Credit: PA
Norwich cyclist Emma Pooley has won the British national time-trial title for the third time after a dominant win on a hilly 12.5-mile course in Wales.
The 31-year-old Lotto Belisol Ladies rider – a member of the VC Norwich club – stopped the clock in a time of 30min 18sec, which was 39 seconds faster than runner-up Katie Archibald and 51 seconds faster than third-placed Dame Sarah Storey.
The result sees Pooley reclaim the title she previously won in 2009 and 2010.
Defending champion Joanna Rowsell had to be content with sixth place, while her Wiggle-Honda team-mate Laura Trott claimed fifth place.
Lizzie Armitstead, who was second last year, had been due to race but did not take part.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 5 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 9 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success