British Superbike Championship and British Touring Car Championship part of Snetterton 2012 race calendar
Snetterton's 2012 race events calendar has been released, with over 35 events covering cars and bikes, starting from March 10. Tickets are now on sale for every meeting, starting at �10, with free entry for children aged 12 and under.
The MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship makes its annual visit to Snetterton on 25-27 May, racing on the three-mile 300 circuit, as Tommy Hill continues his title defence. There have been big changes amongst the top teams, including a switch to Kawasaki for Shakey Byrne, plus big new signings, including World Superbike legend Noriyuki Haga, Grand Prix winner Anthony West and World Endurance Champion Freddy Foray.
The British F3/GT Championships and the British Touring Car Championship bookend a speed week in Norfolk, providing a great start to August (4/5 & 11/12), both racing on the new 300 circuit. The 300 and 200 configurations will both be utilised by the expanded Modified Live event on 22-23 September.
Meanwhile a big new event debuts at the circuit in July. The MSA Superkart British Grand Prix, one of only three motorsport events in the UK to hold the title, will take place over the weekend of 14-15 July, and is a joint headline event with the CIK-FIA European Superkart Championship. Completing a summer of racing, the traditional Citroen 2CV 24 Hour will return for the August bank holiday weekend.
Fans of historic racing will have much to celebrate too, with the Vintage Motor Cycle and Vintage Sports Car festivals on 16-17 June and 30 September respectively.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to these headline events, the circuit hosts packed programmes of club racing week-in, week-out. A huge variety of cars and bikes, both old and new, can be found at these events and a full calendar can be viewed at www.snetterton.co.uk.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
• Snetterton 2012 season highlights:
Fri 25 - Sun 27 May: MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship (300)
Sat 16 - Sun 17 June: Vintage Motor Cycle Festival (200)
Sat 14 - Sun 15 July: MSA Superkart British Grand Prix (300)
Sat 4 - Sun 5 August: British F3/GT Championships (300)
Sat 11 - Sun 12 August: Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (300)
Sat 25 - Sun 26 August: Citroen 2CV 24 Hour
Sat 22 - Sun 23 September: Modified Live
Sun 30 September: Vintage Sports Car Festival (200)