British Superbike Championship and British Touring Car Championship part of Snetterton 2012 race calendar
Snetterton's 2012 race events calendar has been released, with over 35 events covering cars and bikes, starting from March 10. Tickets are now on sale for every meeting, starting at �10, with free entry for children aged 12 and under.
The MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship makes its annual visit to Snetterton on 25-27 May, racing on the three-mile 300 circuit, as Tommy Hill continues his title defence. There have been big changes amongst the top teams, including a switch to Kawasaki for Shakey Byrne, plus big new signings, including World Superbike legend Noriyuki Haga, Grand Prix winner Anthony West and World Endurance Champion Freddy Foray.
The British F3/GT Championships and the British Touring Car Championship bookend a speed week in Norfolk, providing a great start to August (4/5 & 11/12), both racing on the new 300 circuit. The 300 and 200 configurations will both be utilised by the expanded Modified Live event on 22-23 September.
Meanwhile a big new event debuts at the circuit in July. The MSA Superkart British Grand Prix, one of only three motorsport events in the UK to hold the title, will take place over the weekend of 14-15 July, and is a joint headline event with the CIK-FIA European Superkart Championship. Completing a summer of racing, the traditional Citroen 2CV 24 Hour will return for the August bank holiday weekend.
Fans of historic racing will have much to celebrate too, with the Vintage Motor Cycle and Vintage Sports Car festivals on 16-17 June and 30 September respectively.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to these headline events, the circuit hosts packed programmes of club racing week-in, week-out. A huge variety of cars and bikes, both old and new, can be found at these events and a full calendar can be viewed at www.snetterton.co.uk.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 3 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 6 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 9 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 10 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
• Snetterton 2012 season highlights:
Fri 25 - Sun 27 May: MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship (300)
Sat 16 - Sun 17 June: Vintage Motor Cycle Festival (200)
Sat 14 - Sun 15 July: MSA Superkart British Grand Prix (300)
Sat 4 - Sun 5 August: British F3/GT Championships (300)
Sat 11 - Sun 12 August: Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (300)
Sat 25 - Sun 26 August: Citroen 2CV 24 Hour
Sat 22 - Sun 23 September: Modified Live
Sun 30 September: Vintage Sports Car Festival (200)