British Rail express is still in top gear
In the City of Norwich Short Mat League this week British Rail are still top after they beat Felthorpe 14-0 at home.
Top scorers were C Baker, P Johnson and A Brown who won 12-3.
Defending Champions RG Carter are still unbeaten after they ended Jarrolds unbeaten start to the season with a 14-0 win. T Brown skipped his triple to a 26-4 win. Sprowston Sports are the only other unbeaten team and they are second after they beat County Council 14-0 at home D Dewing won 22-8 and T Fletcher won 20-3. It was Taverham next and a 10-4 away win this time. Youngsters J Poynter and P Smart saw the side home. Taverham had earlier beaten Felthorpe at home by 12-2 R Taylor winning 15-6 and P Norton 15-7.
Old Bonds may be bottom of the league but they have plenty of fight in them and they proved it again by taking four points off Horsford Heroes.
R Jones won 16-8 for Bonds and R Frank 24-4 for heroes. Old Bonds also played County Council and were beaten 11-3. First Bus seem to be stuck in first gear as they can't seem to move forward at the minute. They lost 12-2 away to Anglian Windows and 12-2 at home to Thorpe Marriott where George Clarke again proved he has still got it with a 222-2 win for Marriott.
You may also want to watch:
It is only time before First Bus's turbo kicks in and they fly up the table. Framingham Earl and Costessey had a close game with three games completed Earl were 38-24 ahead but B Ottaway playing with S and J Brown won 20-6 for Costessey to split the game points but Framingham Earl won on points 9-5.
Thorpe Marriott played away at Horsford Bowls Club and were beaten 10-4 despite being 10 shots up at the interval.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 7 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
- 8 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 9 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 10 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
It was back to form against Deaf Sports with a 12-2 home win.