British Carp and Angling Show aiming to lure wide array of fishing fans
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2008
The eagerly-anticipated British Carp and Angling Show is set to cater for a wide range of fishing tastes – including plenty to interest pike and bass fans.
East Anglia's largest fishing event, at the Norfolk Showground on January 19 and 20 will be promoting awareness of the Pike Anglers Club of Great Britain, who will be carrying out a presentation in the pro-theatre.
Also in the pro-theatre will be a talk on Norfolk bass fishing from Norfolk blogger Jamie Bale – of popular blogsite Fishing with Jamie in Norfolk.
The two-day event last year attracted over 8000 visitors to Norfolk and this year show organisers are hoping numbers will double with the huge amount of promotional work and campaigns, helped by the local bait and tackle shops from around Norfolk who were keen to support the event.
The event brings an opportunity to meets some of the big stars of angling.TV legend Matt Hayes will be there to meet, greet and have photos taken.
You may also want to watch:
Caister-born four-times world individual match fishing champion Bob Nudd will also be attending as will Norfolk legend John Wilson. The Lenwade-based all-rounder will host a Rigging Clinic which youngsters can benefit from.
In the pro-theatre there wll be talks, presentations, live demos and interactive question and answer sessions taking place throughout the day.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
These will include the Underwater Angling talk from Nash's Paul Garner; a talk on match fishing from Bob Nudd, Q&A with John Wilson, a presentation from Matt Hayes, and much more including bass and pike fishing presentations.
The bargain hunters are sure to be out in force as there will be over 120 stands ranging from Nash and Korda, to CC Moore and Bait Zone.
Tickets are available in advance at £8 for adults (£10 on the day) and £2 (£5 on the day) for children under 16. Children under five go FREE.
Opening times are Saturday 10-5, Sunday 10-4.
For more information: Telephone 01702 549623.