Bond checks out Fleming

Norwich Res 0, Tottenham Res 0: Craig Fleming's impending Carrow Road exit appeared to move a step closer in an incident-packed reserves friendly. The defender played 76 minutes under the gaze of Bournemouth manager Kevin Bond and his assistant Rob Newman.

Norwich Res 0, Tottenham Res 0

Craig Fleming's impending Carrow Road exit appeared to move a step closer in last night's incident-packed reserves friendly.

The experienced defender played 76 minutes under the watchful gaze of Bournemouth manager Kevin Bond and his assistant Rob Newman before the duo departed early.

Fleming has been strongly linked with a south coast switch since being left out of Peter Grant's squad for Saturday's FA Cup win at Tamworth.

Bond had earlier in the day ruled out any potential deal involving coveted Cherries' striker James Hayter. However, the former Norwich stalwart was an interested spectator in the directors' box as Fleming turned in a commanding display.

Young team-mate Tom Miller was one of three players stretchered off in a bizarre opening period after collapsing following an innocuous clash of heads with Tottenham striker Tomas Pekhart.

Most Read

Miller was taken to hospital with suspected concussion before later being released but academy manager Ricky Martin confirmed afterwards the youngster will be sidelined for a minimum of seven days.

Tottenham's rangy striker Pekhart also departed along with Spurs centre back Dorain Dervite in a first half that ended with nine minutes of added time.

Mathieu Louis-Jean (leg strain) and Peter Thorne (mouth abscess) withdrew prior to kick off after being originally named in the starting line up. Paul McVeigh (chest infection) was left out of the Canaries squad along with a clutch of the club's young talent ahead of tomorrow's FA Youth Cup fourth round trip to Newcastle.

Dervite unleashed the first strike in anger - cutting inside Miller only to lash wide.

Fleming's timely intervention denied Pekhart before the Spurs striker incurred coach Clive Allen's wrath for failing to latch onto Phil Ifill's inviting centre.

Fleming bravely blocked Reto Ziegler's drilled effort as Tottenham continued to press. Ryan Jarvis was then denied by Ben Alnwick - Spurs' new big money recruit from Sunderland.

Dervite departed with his right leg heavily strapped after a committed lunge from Luke Daley before Ian Henderson almost diverted home Daley's snapshot.

The paramedics sprung back into action seconds later when first Pekhart was carried off before Miller collapsed during the ensuing stoppage in play. After lengthy pitchside treatment a clearly dazed Miller left to sympathetic applause in a precautionary neck brace.

Lewis acrobatically tipped over Tottenham captain Kieran McKenna's piledriver. Henderson burst clear in the closing stages of the opening period but drove straight at Alnwick.

Mark Yeates wriggled his way through only for Lewis to outsmart him.

Ryan Jarvis drilled against the foot of Alnwick's post in stoppage time.

Eagle's inch perfect radar then freed Henderson but Troy Archibald-Henville's last ditch block denied the front man. Lewis foiled Yeates on a burst into the box after the break. Ryan Jarvis twice went close inside a minute - screwing wide from the edge before his left footer thumped against Alnwick's far post.

Charlie Daniels dragged a late chance wide for Spurs after powering away from Kurtis Byrne before David Hutton's cheeky back heel rolled wide.

Norwich: Lewis, Daley, Hunter, Jarvis, Fleming, Halliday, Miller (Byrne 31), Jarvis, Henderson, Muddel, Eagle. Sub not used: Rudd.

Tottenham: Alnwick, Ifill, Ziegler (Hughton 85), McKenna, Mills (Martin 63), Dervite (Archibald-Henville 22), Yeates, O'Hara, Pekhart (Frazer-Allen 31), Taarabt (Hutton 63), Daniels. Sub not used: Forecast.

Referee: G Kett (Norfolk)

Attendance: 1,653