Blake’s ton sees Eaton record fall once more
LUCAS FETTES NORFOLK LEAGUE: Eaton's club record individual score fell for the third time this season as Michael Blake hammered 165 on Saturday.
Blake's effort helped Eaton beat Saham Toney by 122 runs in Division Three.
In Division One, leaders Rollesby saw their match at Ketteringham Hall rained off, leaving Old Catton to close the gap slightly with a an eight-wicket win at home to Caister.
Robert Loone took four for 41 for the hosts, before Shaun Ames (46no) guided them to a comfortable win.
Michael Mario-Ghae produced a lively performance with bat and ball to hand Drayton a 42-run win over Cringleford Lodge.
Drayton opener Phil Wright made a patient 64, with Andy Hawes adding 40, before Mario-Ghae's 40 from 17 balls helped them blast 50 in the last five overs. Mario-Ghae then took three for 20 and Phil Soanes claimed four for 54 for Drayton.
In Division Two, Felthorpe's promotion charge suffered a setback with an 80-run defeat at home to Aylsham St Giles.
- 1 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 2 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 5 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 6 Could some Norfolk schools be set for three-day weeks?
- 7 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 8 Man in 60s charged for drink driving and soliciting a prostitute in Norwich
- 9 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
- 10 Blaze near children's playground in Norwich believed to be arson
Robert Bingham fired an unbeaten 134 and then took three for 41 for the visitors.
Great Yarmouth A were dismissed for just 33 at Costessey in Division Three. Danny Pollard took three for four from 12 overs, with nine maidens, while Carl Smith claimed three for nine from 12 overs, including six maidens, before Costessey won by 10 wickets.
Bungay A registered a crucial 151-run win at fellow strugglers Cringleford Lodge A, with half-centuries for Jon Fuller (68no) and Tony Chang (54).
In Division Four, leaders Hingham successfully defended a small total to beat Norwich Bystanders A by 62 runs.
Bystanders skipper David Asker returned figures of three for 12 and pouched four catches, but Dale Weston took three for 16 as Hingham fought back.
New Buckenham's John Neville claimed a hat-trick as his team rolled Old Buckenham B out for 42 on their way to a seven-wicket win in Division Five.
There was also a hat-trick for Brisley's Steve Kay as he bagged five for 26 in a 14-run success against Lowestoft C in Division Six.
Fawad Kaiser hit 66 and there were three wickets apiece for Michael Farmer and Jake Mardell as Great Melton C beat Rollesby A by 54 runs. James Flett added 52no to his three-wicket contribution for Rollesby A.
Division Seven leaders Reepham & Salle romped to a 10-wicket win in quick time at Old Buckenham C.
Dan Tipple produced incredible figures of seven for 16 from 10.5 overs and Freddie Harrison (three for 16) supported him well as Bucks were skittled out for 41. Reepham & Salle needed just six overs to reach their target, with Simon Harwood finishing on 17no.
Garboldisham C beat Hemsby A by seven wickets in Division Eight.