Blackdyke is stirred up by new residents
Blackdyke Trout Fishery 07525 730447: Restocking took place last week with some more hard fighting fish. The introduction certainly stirred up the older resident fish with some excellent sport and everyone taking their limit bags.
Blackdyke Trout Fishery 07525 730447: Restocking took place last week with some more hard fighting fish.
The introduction certainly stirred up the older resident fish with some excellent sport and everyone taking their limit bags. The majority of the fish were caught on cats whiskers and black/green Montana's with a long leader and an intermediate line.
Regular Trevor Seaman took four fish for a combined weight of 10lb 2oz. Chris Gill had a superb brown trout of 5lb 5oz which was entered into the trout masters competition. The fish was returned safely to fight another day.
There will be an introduction to fly fishing course for anyone who is interested. For details contact Paul Speed at the fishery.
You may also want to watch:
Larkwood Trout Fishery 01284 728612: It's been a good week for Larkwood with the rod average standing at 4.5 fish per angler.
Gareth Bolitho took the honours this week with a fish of 12lb 2oz. Black tadpoles and damsels accounted for most of the fish the over the past week.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low