Birmingham’s Kasprzak ruled out of Elite Best Pairs at King’s Lynn
Birmingham Brummies have been forced into a second change to their line up for tonight's Elite League Best Pairs at King's Lynn after Krzysztof Kasprzak was banned by his Polish club. (7.30pm)
Kasprzak's club Tarnow have blocked the Pole from racing in Britain for at least the next fortnight due to what they cite as his poor domestic form.
The Perry Barr club had already made one change to their line up for the first showpiece event of the British calendar at Lynn with Ales Dryml replacing the injured Danny King. Brummies' team mate and ex-Lynn ace Daniel Nermark is racing in Sweden this evening leaving team boss Graham Drury trying to draft in another replacement.
'It's fair to say I've had better weeks in speedway,' he said. 'I'm stunned by what's happened with KK and we can only hope this ban is removed because he loves riding for Birmingham.'
Birmingham have been drawn in group A alongside home duo Kenneth Bjerre and Niels-Kristian Iversen.
You may also want to watch:
World U21 champion Darcy Ward and British GP winner Chris Holder lead Poole's challenge in a group B featuring British number one Chris Harris, racing for new club Belle Vue. Only the top two teams in each pool progress to the semi-finals.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
Group A: Wolverhampton (Fredrik Lindgren/tbc), Peterborough (Troy Batchelor/Nicki Pedersen), Birmingham (tbc/Ales Dryml), King's Lynn (Kenneth Bjerre/Niels-Krisitian Iversen), Swindon (Scott Nicholls/Simon Stead).
Group B: Coventry (Ryan Fisher/Edward Kennett), Lakeside (Adam Shields/Lee Richardson), Belle Vue (Chris Harris/Rory Schlein), Eastbourne (Bjarne Pedersen/Joonas Kylmakorpi), Poole (Chris Holder/Darcy Ward).
Adults: �20, concessions: �15, juniors (12 to 15) �5 with free entry for children aged 11 and under.