Bircham replace Snettisham at top of West Norfolk League
Bircham took over at the top of Division One with a four wicket victory over Snettisham. Adam Hodgson took four for 23 as Terrington beat Castle Rising by five wickets.
Sandringham's James Banham's 66 and Aaron Nicol's 72 not out chased down Denver's total for a resounding nine wickets victory. Castle Acre's Sam Molyneux (63 no) and Matthew Bickerton (67no) put on 115 runs for the fifth wicket, which helped them reach 217 for four. An unbeaten century from opener Chris Upton (104no) anchored the successful run chase as Swaffham A reached their target with three balls to spare.
In Division Two Heacham increased their lead to 15 points with a 112 run victory over Hospital. Anthony Sadler top scored with 88 in 170 for six and Shaun Wright picked up four for 30 as Hospital could only manage 58 in reply.
Hillington's Matt Taylor scored an unbeaten 67 and Daniel Fuller 69 as they put on 106 for fourth wicket in their score of 173 for five. G Martin scored 57 for Northwold as they reached the victory target with only two wickets and four balls to spare.
Sandringham A's Adi Nicol picked up five wickets as Downham B reached 164 for 7 in their 45 overs. Will McIlveen scored 71 in Sandringham's reply but Kit Bourlet's four wickets saw Downham win by 11 runs.
You may also want to watch:
Carl Smith took four for five as Hockwold bowled out Fakenham 3rds for 65 on their way to a comprehensive nine wicket victory.
In Division Three Narborough A stretched their lead to 27 points with a 166 run victory over second-placed Mundford A. Stephen King scored 65 and Mark Hammond an unbeaten 51 in their total of 236. Mundford A could only manage 70 in reply.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Former village pub for sale as home
- 5 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 6 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 7 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 8 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 9 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 10 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
Dersingham A's Dickie Sayers scored an unbeaten 105 and along with fellow opener Alex Havers (65) put on 186 for the first wicket. Dersingham finished on 217 for 3 in their 45 overs. Gooderstone's Stuart Merritt scored exactly 100 runs as they fell 13 runs short of victory. Beeston's Peter Fuller scored an unbeaten 99 as they reached 214 for five. Dereham B closed on 145 for 6.
Daniel Cook took four for 31 as Thornham were restricted to 129 for eight overs against Snettisham A, who won by four wickets.
In Division Four Holt's Ciaran Chapman was top batsman on the day with an unbeaten 140 as they reached 256 for 5 before dismissing Castle Acre A for 28.