Bircham and Terrington in West Norfolk League run-fest
The wickets were shared around as Snettisham stretched their lead at the top of West Norfolk League Division One by bowling out bottom club Swaffham A for just 61 runs. The match was wrapped up in the 16th over with a seven-wicket victory to Snettisham.
Batsmen were on top at Bircham as the home team posted a huge total of 305-4 with Will Pillinger scoring 86 and John King 109. Alex Moore scored 101 not out and Nick Osborne 53 as Terrington replied with 236-3.
Castle Acre's Martin Wall had an excellent match against Denver, scoring 78 in their total of 205 and then taking 4-52 as Denver fell eight runs short in their run chase. Denver's Philip Bailey picked up 4-32 and James Harper scored 66.
Joe Peveritt scored 66 in Sandringham's 185-9 against Castle Rising, whose innings closed on 164-9 to lose by 21 runs.
With the top two in Division Two both losing, Hillington are the new leaders following a 64-run victory over Sandringham A. Aaron (84) and Albert Jarvis (34) put on 123 for the first wicket as they posted 241-8 before Phil Ringwood scored 60 in Sandringham's reply of 177 all out.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Allsopp's 4-25 saw Hockwold dismiss Heacham for 157 before Anthony Ruddick scored 49 in their three-wicket victory. Simon Brooking took 5-27 for Downham B to help bowl out Fakenham 3rds for 107. Downham B went on to win by five wickets. Harisha Sreekantaiah scored 43 in Hospital's victory over Northwold. Batting first, Hospital scored 188-7 and then dismissed Northwold for 166.
Gooderstone were the big movers in Division Three as they jumped from fourth to second after a 17-run victory over leaders Narborough A.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 5 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 6 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 7 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
Kevin Williamson top-scored with 89 as Thornham posted 180-7 before Adrian Parke scored 68 in Beeston's successful run chase. Jason Southgate scored 75 in Dersingham A's 228-6 against Dereham B, who made only 96 in reply. Ryan Woods scored 102 to see Mundford A to a six-wicket win over Snettisham A.
In Division Four, Beetley won the top of the table clash with Holt, who were bowled out for 84 with Roy Websdale taking 5-25. They are now eight points clear of Gayton, who took over second place after Adam Chadderton (100) and Scott Howard (98) helped them to 308 against Beeston, who were bowled out for 53 with Paul Kennedy Jnr taking 6-30.