Billericay Town 0 Lowestoft Town 1 – Reed off the mark as Blues bounce back
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Hitman Jake Reed opened his account for the season as the Blues returned to winning ways.
The striker's 47th-minute goal was enough to ensure that Lowestoft Town bounced back from their first defeat of the season to make it two wins from two on the road so far.
A break down the left saw Fraser Blake-Tracy overlap and get to the byline before producing a cross which Reed met with his head to settle matters in Essex.
Chris Henderson and the Blues' eventual goalscorer went close with early chances in what was an end-to-end opening period.
Ady Gallagher's visitors – who lost 1-0 at home on Saturday to Tonbridge Angels – took control of the game in the second period.
You may also want to watch:
And after taking the lead they went close to making it two when Rossi Jarvis' strike struck the crossbar.
Billericay put the Trawlerboys under some pressure in the closing stages but despite their increasing desperation never really looked like finding an equaliser.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 8 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 9 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
That said, Blues keeper Jake Jessup was one of his side's many star performers on the night during a display which was arguably Lowestoft's best since dropping back down to the Ryman League Premier Division.