Big turn out for start of Swaffham’s stock car and banger season
The new stock car and banger racing season kicked off at Swaffham Raceway with the day's biggest turnout in the superstocks, where reigning points champion Richard Shearing (Brandon) began the defence of his title by winning the final.
The heats were won by Snetterton's Kelven Nicholls and impressive young newcomer to the formula Charlie Cole (Holbeach).
In the day's only non-contact formula, the Mondeo Rods, Heacham's Glenn James won both heats before blowing his engine while doing some post-race winning celebrations. Gavin Nicholls (Norwich) took a comfortable victory in the final.
Three different classes of bangers provided a variety of entertainment with North Walsham's Mark Gibbons victorious in the feature event, the Impact Video Open.
In the unlimited class youngster Jordi Meakins (Quadring Fen) won the final against more experienced drivers.
You may also want to watch:
Completing the bill were the junior bangers with Nyall Hardingham (North Walsham) winning a heat and final double, Charlie Barnes (Scarning) was the other race victor.
The next meeting takes place on Sunday, March 25 with another five formula bill, this time featuring the 1600 rookie bangers, street stocks, lightning rods, stock rods and junior rods.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate