Big turn out for start of Swaffham’s stock car and banger season
The new stock car and banger racing season kicked off at Swaffham Raceway with the day's biggest turnout in the superstocks, where reigning points champion Richard Shearing (Brandon) began the defence of his title by winning the final.
The heats were won by Snetterton's Kelven Nicholls and impressive young newcomer to the formula Charlie Cole (Holbeach).
In the day's only non-contact formula, the Mondeo Rods, Heacham's Glenn James won both heats before blowing his engine while doing some post-race winning celebrations. Gavin Nicholls (Norwich) took a comfortable victory in the final.
Three different classes of bangers provided a variety of entertainment with North Walsham's Mark Gibbons victorious in the feature event, the Impact Video Open.
In the unlimited class youngster Jordi Meakins (Quadring Fen) won the final against more experienced drivers.
You may also want to watch:
Completing the bill were the junior bangers with Nyall Hardingham (North Walsham) winning a heat and final double, Charlie Barnes (Scarning) was the other race victor.
The next meeting takes place on Sunday, March 25 with another five formula bill, this time featuring the 1600 rookie bangers, street stocks, lightning rods, stock rods and junior rods.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree