Ben boosts title hopes with a six wicket haul
WEST NORFOLK LEAGUE: Sandringham have regained the upper hand in their ding-dong battle with Hayley for West Norfolk League Division One supremacy.
Ben Melton bagged 6 for 32 in a 70-run victory over Terrington which saw them go back to the top of the WNCL Division One.
Sandringham's Richard Hurst had earlier top-scored with 57 with Adam Hodgson returning 4 for 28 for Terrington.
Morning leaders Hayley East Anglia suffered a 24-run defeat against Snettisham whose match-winning hero was Adam Daniels with a 6 for 52 haul.
John King took 4-15 for Bircham as they ran out easy winners by nine wickets against Swanton Morley. The Creakes were unable to raise a team against Denver.
You may also want to watch:
The Division Two top-of-the-table clash between Northwold and Hospital was a dramatic affair:
Northwold looked set for victory after David English took 4 for 27 and reduced Hospital to 93 for 8 – still 67 runs from victory.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
But an unbroken stand between Kevin Fisher (14no) and AMBiT Projects Man of the Match Sunil Anthrayose (50no) saw them home to victory with nine balls remaining.
That win took Hospital to the top of the table on net run rate. An unbeaten half century from Downham B's Gary Hooker helped them beat Fakenham A by five wickets.
Long Sutton beat Castle Acre by 138 runs thanks to Tim Norris (72) and Matt Bull (66). All 10 Castle Acre wickets were clean bowled, with Barry Stanway taking 5 for 24.
In Division Three there was another run-fest at Swaffham, who beat Holt by 198 runs.
Chris Upton scored 56 and Robert Howling 68 before Michael Dye (4 for 35) and J Grass (5 for 32) did the damage with the ball.
That win took Swaffham to the top of Division Three.
Beeston's Robert Wall top-scored with 65 but couldn't prevent them from losing by five wickets to Hockwold.
Mundford A beat Heacham by four wickets.
Snettisham A turned up the heat on Division Four leaders Beetley as they moved into second place.
Tim Clary scored 70no in a nine-wicket victory against Swanton Morley A.
Dersingham A's Richard Southgate scored 67 as they beat Fakenham B by 88 runs.
Necton's James Spinks 4 for 7 helped them to a 57-run victory against Gayton.
Long Sutton A beat Downham C by six wickets togo top of Division 5.
Denver A's Dan Harper scored 52 and Richard Simpson took 5 for -8 in their massive 220 run victory against Beeston A.
Gooderstone A's Neil Farrow took seven for 20 as they beat Northwold A by 81 runs.