Beccles Town upset high flying Mattishall
Beccles Town 1, Mattishall 0: Fourth-placed Mattishall were the visitors to College Meadow and, after drawing there a few weeks back, another tight game was anticipated.
The Wherrymen had a late call off as Waterman was struck down with sickness so Masters took his place and the rest of the team remained unchanged from the side that visited Norwich St Johns the previous week.
Remblance saw an early drive pushed on to the post before Bensley shot just wide – and the pressure finally told after 18 minutes when Myhill's cross found Masters free at the far post and he headed home.
Cable made a full length save as Mattishall responded, but they could not make it pay – while Town continued to look dangerous on the break. Remblance smashed his free-kick against the upright and in the dying minutes Sammy Roberts saw his half-volley from six yards somehow scrambled off the line.
All in all a good win and another clean sheet. It wasn't a game for the purists but both sides showed plenty of endeavour and the game was well handled by the officials.
The Reserves lost 3-0 at Waveney with a weakened side.
On Saturday Beccles travel to North Walsham (2.30pm) with the Reserves entertaining Mulbarton Wanderers.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 8 Three cars crash near Swainsthorpe on Norwich Road
- 9 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'
- 10 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride