Beccles Town upset high flying Mattishall
Beccles Town 1, Mattishall 0: Fourth-placed Mattishall were the visitors to College Meadow and, after drawing there a few weeks back, another tight game was anticipated.
The Wherrymen had a late call off as Waterman was struck down with sickness so Masters took his place and the rest of the team remained unchanged from the side that visited Norwich St Johns the previous week.
Remblance saw an early drive pushed on to the post before Bensley shot just wide – and the pressure finally told after 18 minutes when Myhill's cross found Masters free at the far post and he headed home.
Cable made a full length save as Mattishall responded, but they could not make it pay – while Town continued to look dangerous on the break. Remblance smashed his free-kick against the upright and in the dying minutes Sammy Roberts saw his half-volley from six yards somehow scrambled off the line.
All in all a good win and another clean sheet. It wasn't a game for the purists but both sides showed plenty of endeavour and the game was well handled by the officials.
You may also want to watch:
The Reserves lost 3-0 at Waveney with a weakened side.
On Saturday Beccles travel to North Walsham (2.30pm) with the Reserves entertaining Mulbarton Wanderers.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van