Beccles 19 North Walsham Raiders 17: Bulls stretch lead as Buck scores dramatic late try
- Credit: Archant
Beccles extended their lead at the top of EC1 North to eight points with a slender 19-17 win over closest rivals North Walsham Raiders at Beef Meadow.
Although the Raiders scored three tries through Henry Hunt, Nathan Bensley and James Cherry to Beccles' two, they still came out second best.
Indiscipline handed the hosts nine points through penalties converted by Temm Kauri and they scored the winning try with three minutes left, with Ollie Buck touching down after a rolling maul.
James Sisley scored Beccles' other uncoverted try.
Norwich Union won a hard-fought affair at Wymondham II 29-15 to move to within a point of the Raiders.
You may also want to watch:
The game was level at 15-15 at half-time but Union pulled away in the second half.
Alex Sinclair, Jon Spicker, Joe Nicholson, Matt Spenceley and Ben Bond-Webster scored the visitors' tries while Tom Whitehouse added a couple of conversions.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 6 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 9 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
Norwich Medics, who beat Beccles last week, are level with Union after winning 22-5 at bottom side Lowestoft & Yarmouth.