Beccles 0, Diss 31
Diss cruised into the final of the Norfolk Senior Cup on Saturday as they comfortably saw off the challenge of hosts Beccles.
The power the visitors' scrum was a key factor as they ran in five tries without reply, with No 8 Steve Hipwell scoring three of them from pushovers.
Fraser Hall contributed an excellent individual effort while Chris Beaird – who slotted over three conversions – linked up with Warren Wilby to touch down as Diss proved far too strong for their London 2NE opponents.
They can now look forward to a mouthwatering final showdown with big rivals North Walsham, on a date to be fixed.
With the Norfolk pair having been relegated together from the National League set-up this season the match provides both with a chance to go into the summer with a consolation prize – and Diss director of rugby Dave Hall is looking forward to the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
'If we could win the final it would provide a little sweetener to what has been a pretty sour season,' he said. 'There's no doubt we are due a win over North Walsham and hopefully we can get it in the final but we know it will be another really tough game.
'It's a probably 50/50 – either side could win it and it's just a case of who plays better on the day.'
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 6 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 7 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 8 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk