Beccles 0, Diss 31
Diss cruised into the final of the Norfolk Senior Cup on Saturday as they comfortably saw off the challenge of hosts Beccles.
The power the visitors' scrum was a key factor as they ran in five tries without reply, with No 8 Steve Hipwell scoring three of them from pushovers.
Fraser Hall contributed an excellent individual effort while Chris Beaird – who slotted over three conversions – linked up with Warren Wilby to touch down as Diss proved far too strong for their London 2NE opponents.
They can now look forward to a mouthwatering final showdown with big rivals North Walsham, on a date to be fixed.
With the Norfolk pair having been relegated together from the National League set-up this season the match provides both with a chance to go into the summer with a consolation prize – and Diss director of rugby Dave Hall is looking forward to the challenge.
You may also want to watch:
'If we could win the final it would provide a little sweetener to what has been a pretty sour season,' he said. 'There's no doubt we are due a win over North Walsham and hopefully we can get it in the final but we know it will be another really tough game.
'It's a probably 50/50 – either side could win it and it's just a case of who plays better on the day.'
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 6 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 7 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 8 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 9 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 10 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines