Beach volleyball star visits Beccles school
A VOLLEYBALL champion has visited Beccles to give schoolchildren a masterclass in the sport.
Jake Sheaf, 2011 British Volleyball Champion and Olympic hopeful, visited the Sir John Leman High School to teach children as part of the Sky Living for Sports programme.
Pauline Long, of Sir John Leman High School, said: 'The aim of the visit was to inspire and motivate the students and to share his own story with young people to help improve their life skills, not just in sport but through all walks of life.
'It was a really inspiring day and the school would like to thank Jake for making it a day to remember.'
The day started with an assembly for all the students, before he coached the school's volleyball team and worked with all the groups that took part in a Paralympic event the previous day at East Point Academy, in Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
In that event the children students took part in sitting volleyball, wheelchair basketball, goalball, cheerleading, umpiring the goalball event, commentating and reporting, with the Beccles school winning overall.
Mr Sheaf started playing beach volleyball at an early age while watching his mum, Mandy, represent England at tournaments around the world.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 5 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 6 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 10 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
He made the U17 England squad and has gone on to represent Great Britain at volleyball tournaments across the globe.