Beach boys are Euro stars at Yarmouth’s Soccer on the Sands
Young 'Euro stars' took pride of place on Yarmouth Central Beach at the weekend.
The 9th Soccer on the Sands Tournament was a huge hit as crowds flocked to see 127 mainly Norfolk-based teams, sporting the colours of the 16 European Championship countries, take part in over 200 keenly-contested 10-minute games.
Hope are high that the tournament, organised by Norfolk County FA, with support from Yarmouth Borough Council, will be staged again next year.
'We have not made a decision yet. We are going into our 10th year next time we run it. Hopefully there will be a chance to celebrate a decade of it. Everybody enjoyed it so much,' commented Norfolk FA spokesman James Shelton.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
Under 10 boys: Taverham (Croatia) beat Martham Youth (Ukraine).
Under 12 boys: Shrublands Tigers (Poland) beat Poringland Lions (Russia).
Under 11 girls: Waveney Foxes (England) beat Thorpe United (France).
Under 13 girls: Mulbarton Wanderers Boca Belles (France) beat Norwich City Girls (Republic of Ireland).
Under 7 and Under boys scores were not recorded but everyone received a medal.
Under 13 boys: Rocklands Whites (Germany) beat Gorleston Rangers Eagles (Holland).
Under 9 boys: Gorleston Rangers Eagles (Germany) beat Harling Colts (Russia).
Under 11 boys: North Walsham Angels (Croatia) beat Sprowston Lads Pumas (Spain).