Battle hotting up for bowls senior title
The final stages of the over-60s open singles sponsored by Great Yarmouth Tourism will be played at the town's Bowls Festival today, starting at 9am.
The first game will be between Mrs S Hardingham and K Handleigh. In her group games Hardingham beat Mrs J Frohawk 15-8, P Duke 15-4 and R Hart 15-11 while in his group Handleigh lost his first game against J Best 15-10 but beat F Ray 15-2 and P Miller 15-10 to top the group with four points and the best shot difference.
In the next game R Duff will play T Cox. Duff won his first game 15-7 against J Orton and the next against K Hutson 15-8 before losing his last 15-12 and winning the group on shot deference.
Cox won all his games, topping the group with six points.
The third game will be between Mrs J Tyers and D Cowie who both had to win their games to top their groups, Tyers won her three games 15-12, 15-10 and 15-13 against Thompson, P Clarke and A Buck. Cowie played L Jenkins, D Bryan and M Jackson and won 15-12, 15-12 and 15-10 respectively.
You may also want to watch:
In the last game Norfolk Middleton Cup manager Brian Taylor will play J Poulter.
Taylor won all his group matches against D Brawn, C Ward and A Goodhew while Poulter beat R Churcher 15-13, lost to N Gant 15-14 but in beating R French in his last game 15-10 won the group by having one shot better than runner-up French.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
- 10 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival