Bass begin to increase in numbers
Despite the northerly airflows' best efforts, there has been a steady increase in the number of bass showing in catches right around the region. The best of the fish size wise seem to be showing on the north and east Norfolk venues, though there are plenty of school bass it seems on all the region's beaches.
Despite the northerly airflows' best efforts, there has been a steady increase in the number of bass showing in catches right around the region.
The best of the fish size wise seem to be showing on the north and east Norfolk venues, though there are plenty of school bass it seems on all the region's beaches.
The shingle ridge has produced a lot of bass, mostly in the 8oz to 1lb bracket but there have been some better fish to 4lb among them and catches of several fish between 2 and 3lb are not uncommon. It's been pretty consistent from Cley round to Weybourne and you probably have even chances on any of the beaches in that area. East Norfolk has seen the larger fish reported without the numbers found on the shingle.
Last week Alastair McCaig had a fine specimen of 7lb 14oz from Mundesley on lug worm along with several school bass. In the same area this week, Jamie Bale managed a fine fish of 6lb 5oz with quite a few school bass.
You may also want to watch:
Further round to the Yarmouth area and Stephen Boyce had a nice brace of 40cm plus fish at Caister, unfortunately his fishing companions could only manage school bass, dabs and whiting. Lowestoft south pier has been reasonably productive with dabs, whiting, eels, dogfish and smoothound pups. Kessingland, Benacre and Covehithe have all produced a few school bass. Southwold should start to show a few soles as we warm up. Boat anglers fishing Southwold to Orford have all reported a few cod.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death