Barkingside 1 Wroxham 0: Late heartbreak for Yachtsmen
- Credit: Archant
Persistent rain coupled with strong wind and a stoppage time goal sunk the Yachtsmen at Barkingside in a six-pointer at the bottom of the table, writes Tom Wardle.
The home side got off to the perfect start though in the 11th minute. Jack Garrod received the ball halfway into the Barkingside half before chipping the ball over the top of the defence to Jamie Forshaw.
His touch took him slightly wide of the goal, but he managed to pull it back to Jordan Attree, who fired home from close range.
Barkingside started to up their game after the goal, as Elliot Pride was called into action immediately, but Spencer's shot from the edge of the area was straight at the Wroxham goalkeeper. Five minutes later Pride was once again called into action, this time a long ball forward found the feet of Spencer, but Pride rushed out and blocked the shot before putting it out for a throw.
The Yachtsmen very nearly went further in front, as Garrod's run down the right-hand side, saw the winger pull the ball back for Jamie Forshaw on the penalty spot but his shot narrowly missed the top of the goal. However, in the 26th minute Barkingside's pressure told and the equaliser pegged back Wroxham. Michael Ademiliu cut inside from the left before his deflected shot fell for Michael Spencer in space and he was able to find the net from close range.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham started the second half brightly but it was the home side that claimed the winner in stoppage time. A Barkingside corner was only cleared as far as Ademiliu on the corner of the six-yard box and the midfielder smashed the ball into the back of the net to give Barkingside a much needed win in the six-pointer at the bottom of the table.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town