Away form has cost Lynn this season
- Credit: Tim Smith
King's Lynn Town boss Gary Setchell has refused to throw in the towel despite Saturday's defeat at Chesham.
Speaking ahead of this afternoon's derby with St Neots a typically bullish Setchell said: 'We all know it's going to be tough for us now and realistically speaking we will now need probably seven wins from our last seven games to maybe even give us a chance.
'We have already beaten St Neots once this season and it would be very nice to complete a double. We will carry on, give it everything, probably throw the kitchen sink at it, until it's mathematically impossible for us.'
The Lynn chief admitted that it has been his side's away form that has undermined their play-off challenge so far this season.
The Linnets have lost 11 games on the road this season and Setchell knows this must improve if they are to seriously challenge for a top five place. Setchell added: 'On Saturday the game could have finished 6-6. There were loads of chances for both sides and it's probably the most we have created in a long while in an away game.
You may also want to watch:
'However, in all honesty, our away form this season has not been good enough to seriously challenge consistently for the top places. At home we are a completely different story and that is one area where we have progressed. Whatever happens we will continue to approach every game the same as we have all season and collect as many points as possible until the final kick.'
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 8 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 9 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"