Auto Cycle Union reward Norwich New Stars rider for British Youth Grasstrack Championships success
- Credit: Submitted
Young grasstrack racer Kenzie Cossey has earned a financial boost for his school following success at the British Youth Grasstrack Championships.
The nine-year-old Barford Primary School pupil has been a member of the Norwich New Stars Grasstrack Club, based at Frettenham to the north of Norwich, since he was six years old.
The youngster has previously won two of Norwich New Stars' club championships and this year entered the British championships, which were hosted by the Fenland Grasstrack Club at Woodwalton, near Peterborough, at the end of August.
There he won four out of five of his races to be crowned the British Youth Grasstrack Cadet Champion for 2014.
After his success, Cossey received a letter from governing body the Auto Cycle Union (ACU), explaining that as part of the ACU promotion of youth riders the champion in each class will receive a £100 payment for his school.
You may also want to watch:
He was then joined by King Lynn Stars teenage speedway star Robert Lambert, who began his racing with Norwich New Stars and won British Youth Grasstrack titles, in presenting the cheque to Barford Primary headteacher,Judith Tigerschiold.
It seems Cossey is set to follow in the footsteps of his grandfather, Trevor Hodge, who was a speedway rider for the Norwich Stars and Wimbledon Dons in the 1960s and 70s.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer