Attleborough claim Norfolk Kwik Cricket glory at Old Buckenham
- Credit: Submitted
Norfolk Cricket Board recently hosted the finals of the county Kwik Cricket competitions.
The girls' final was won by Attleborough Junior after eight schools had competed on a damp day at Old Buckenham Cricket Club.
The semi-finals saw Attleborough Junior beat St Mary's and Martham Primary beat Mundesley Junior. In the final Attleborough set a total of 270-3 and Martham finished 20 runs short of their target.
In the mixed finals, teams from 16 schools assembled at Manor Park, near Horsford. Eight teams progressed to the quarter-finals but heavy rain set in after lunch and the competition was abandoned before the semi-finals could be played. The four remaining teams reconvened at Norwich Cricket Club's Postwick ground at a later date.
The first semi-final went down to the last over when St Williams Primary lost two wickets in pursuit of a victory target of 242 set by Glebe House School, to lose by just eight runs. In the second match Blofield Primary beating East Harling Primary by 38 runs without losing a wicket.
You may also want to watch:
Glebe House set a total of 251-2 in the final, with Blofield then losing four wickets in the first two overs and never really recovered to finish up losing by 28 runs.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 3 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 4 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 9 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 10 Town to get coronavirus vaccine hub next month