Attleborough claim Norfolk Kwik Cricket glory at Old Buckenham
- Credit: Submitted
Norfolk Cricket Board recently hosted the finals of the county Kwik Cricket competitions.
The girls' final was won by Attleborough Junior after eight schools had competed on a damp day at Old Buckenham Cricket Club.
The semi-finals saw Attleborough Junior beat St Mary's and Martham Primary beat Mundesley Junior. In the final Attleborough set a total of 270-3 and Martham finished 20 runs short of their target.
In the mixed finals, teams from 16 schools assembled at Manor Park, near Horsford. Eight teams progressed to the quarter-finals but heavy rain set in after lunch and the competition was abandoned before the semi-finals could be played. The four remaining teams reconvened at Norwich Cricket Club's Postwick ground at a later date.
The first semi-final went down to the last over when St Williams Primary lost two wickets in pursuit of a victory target of 242 set by Glebe House School, to lose by just eight runs. In the second match Blofield Primary beating East Harling Primary by 38 runs without losing a wicket.
You may also want to watch:
Glebe House set a total of 251-2 in the final, with Blofield then losing four wickets in the first two overs and never really recovered to finish up losing by 28 runs.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named