As you were at top as front-runners two both hit six
- Credit: Archant
The top two in the Premier Division of the Empresa Norfolk League both hit the opposition for six to maintain their promotion challenges.
Broadland saw off visitors Norwich Dragons IV 6-1 while Norwich City II beat UEA II 6-2 which meant the sides remained locked together at the summit, with only goal difference separating them.
Helen Brockington started the goal rush for Broadland who doubled their lead through Natasha Blyth and took complete control before the break when Dani Parke swept the ball home. Parke then finished well after a fine run before Georgie Stannart nutmegged the keeper and Parke completed her hat-trick.
Emily Francis scored a hat-trick in City's emphatic win with Kate Hartland scoring twice and Millie Brown also on target.
Third placed Norwich Dragons III lost ground when they went down 2-1 at Loddon. Dragons were 1-0 up at the break, with Sam Franklin scoring the goal, but the home side came back at them in the second half, scoring twice to take the points.
You may also want to watch:
It was a good day for Norwich City sides in the top flight, with the thirds and fourths also winning. A goal from Olivia Greenway earned the thirds a 1-0 victory at Dereham II while Anna Horsley and Maddie Anthony scored as the fourths saw off Evergreens 2-0.
At the bottom Carrow remain on zero points despite a brave show in a 1-0 home defeat at the hands of Harleston Magpies IV.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
Lowestoft Railway moved seven points clear at the top of Division One as they beat Reepham 5-2, with Sarah Loudon and Paige Thompson scoring for the visitors, while closest rivals Broadland II were drawing 2-2 at Pelicans II. Nikki Baker scored a late equaliser for Broadland after Kat Maddox had put them ahead, with Tracy Brown and Emma Hotchin scoring for Pelicans.
Norwich Dragons V beat Thetford 3-0 with goals from Lisa Harwood, Fiona Fletcher and Lynne Price.
A clean sweep for City teams was completed as the fifths beat North Norfolk II 1-0 (Carolyn Lumley) and the sixths saw off Herlings 4-0 (Liz Hollis 2, Carol McNarry, Fran Cook).
Broadland III beat Norwich City VII 9-0 (Kat Maddox 4, Carolyn Duthie 3, Wendy Anema 2).