Anselin set for Wroxham run-out
Former France U21 international star Cedric Anselin will be among Wroxham's players limbering up in a friendly against Wivenhoe at Trafford Park.
Former France U21 international star Cedric Anselin will be among Wroxham's players limbering up in a friendly against Wivenhoe at Trafford Park (3).
Manager Damian Hilton has agreed to given the former Norwich City and King's Lynn midfielder a run-out on a pitch that has now been rabbit-proofed and made safe with sunken wire fencing around the perimeter.
Even so, players will be given a word of caution from Hilton to take it easy on a rock-hard surface as they prepare to start their new Ridgeon's Premier season on August 12 away to Ipswich Wanderers who finished last term one place above the Yachtsmen's eighth spot.
Hilton said: “We have a built a useful squad, but I do not want any of them to pick up pre-season injuries. We've been training hard but on Saturday I shall probably limit the players to 45 minutes each especially if the heatwave continues.”
So was he expecting Anselin to sign for the Yachtsmen? “Quite honestly I do not know what his plans are, but it will be a massive boost for us to sign a right-sided player of his class,” he said.
Sheringham FC start their pre-season today at Weybourne Road, 2.30pm kick-off against Yarmouth Town in the Michael Wright Cup. Money raised from the game will go to the Big C appeal.
- 1 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 2 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 3 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 4 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 5 'Genuine shock' after biker killed in town centre hit-and-run
- 6 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 7 Police ask neighbours to turn in inconsiderate parkers in new crackdown
- 8 City architect puts huge family home on the market for £1.45m
- 9 Friend pays tribute to 'kind-hearted' 20-year-old who died in bike crash
- 10 Grand Designs water tower to open for public
Crabs pre-season preparation
Cromer Town have arranged the following pre-season friendlies. On Tuesday July 25, the Crabs travel to Dereham, ko 7.45pm. The next three fixtures are all at Cabbell Park - Tuesday August 1 v Kirkley (ko 7.30pm), Tuesday August 8 v Wroxham (ko 7.30pm) and Tuesday August 15 v Stalham (ko 7.30pm). The Don Frost Cup match against Brandon is likely to be on Saturday August 19, but the venue and kick-off time is yet to be confirmed.
Anglian Combination Premier Division runners-up Blofield United at home to Dereham this afternoon, 3pm kick-off - barbecue in operation.