Another US boxing star lined up for Norfolk visit
- Credit: PA
Norfolk is set for another visit from US boxing royalty after it was confirmed Roy Jones Jr is to follow in the footsteps of Mike Tyson and Sugar Ray Leonard by visiting Gorleston.
The boxing legend is coming to Cliff Hotel on Thursday, May 16 for a question and answer session and to meet 200 lucky fans.
Organiser Leon Docwra said: 'I've been trying to get Roy for two years, I've kept pestering his people and he's always had a fight or been acting.
'Tyson was Tyson and just a big name but as far as far as boxing is concerned, Roy Jones Jr is the main man.'
The 44-year-old is most famous for being the only boxer in history to start out as a light-middleweight and go on to win a world heavyweight title.
He has won various titles at middleweight, super-middleweight, light-heavyweight and heavyweight throughout his career.
He has also appeared in films, including a minor role in The Matrix Reloaded.
- 1 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 2 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 3 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 4 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 5 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 6 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
- 7 House boarded up after fight in Norfolk village
- 8 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 9 Norfolk spot named among UK's best waterside pubs
- 10 YouTube professional eater smashes 100oz steak challenge at Norfolk pub
Mr Docwra added: 'It's a chance to meet a real living legend of the boxing world . It's one of those events where people will get to hear him speak about his career and meet him, and will never forget it.'
Tickets are £75, with the event due to start at 7pm. For more information or to buy tickets, call Mr Docwra on 07776 352450.