Another US boxing star lined up for Norfolk visit
- Credit: PA
Norfolk is set for another visit from US boxing royalty after it was confirmed Roy Jones Jr is to follow in the footsteps of Mike Tyson and Sugar Ray Leonard by visiting Gorleston.
The boxing legend is coming to Cliff Hotel on Thursday, May 16 for a question and answer session and to meet 200 lucky fans.
Organiser Leon Docwra said: 'I've been trying to get Roy for two years, I've kept pestering his people and he's always had a fight or been acting.
'Tyson was Tyson and just a big name but as far as far as boxing is concerned, Roy Jones Jr is the main man.'
The 44-year-old is most famous for being the only boxer in history to start out as a light-middleweight and go on to win a world heavyweight title.
You may also want to watch:
He has won various titles at middleweight, super-middleweight, light-heavyweight and heavyweight throughout his career.
He has also appeared in films, including a minor role in The Matrix Reloaded.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 6 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 9 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
Mr Docwra added: 'It's a chance to meet a real living legend of the boxing world . It's one of those events where people will get to hear him speak about his career and meet him, and will never forget it.'
Tickets are £75, with the event due to start at 7pm. For more information or to buy tickets, call Mr Docwra on 07776 352450.