Another derby win keeps Holt on course
Holt 38, Wymondham 7: Holt were derby winners for the second successive weekend to cement their place at the top of London 3NE.
The last time Holt entertained old rivals Wymondham at league level, at least three seasons ago in Eastern Counties One, they were mainly on the receiving end – so Saturday helped put matters to rights as the club continued their excellent start to the season, in their 50th year.
Holt took ten minutes to find a way through when Loane scored a well taken try, converted by Young, who then increased the lead with a penalty.
Eight minutes later, when Jarry-Ryan split the Wymondham defence with sheer pace to score under the posts, making the conversion a formality for Young and, having had to contain attacks from Wymondham, they again went upfield for another try by Girling, following good work by Jarry-Ryan, converted by Young.
That completed the first half scoring with Holt leading 31-0, although Wymondham did their best to get onto the scoreboard before the break.
You may also want to watch:
The second half began with both defences on top, during whih time home full-back Loane dislocated his shoulder, necessitating positional changes.
Wymondham were finally rewarded with a converted try, but Holt responded when Jarry-Ryan scored his second try of the match, Young's conversion completing the scoring.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
Wymondham's only consolation was the spirit they showed in drawing the second half 7-7.