Anglian Combination: Win at Blofield seals perfect season for all-conquering Acle
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Acle United completed their hat-trick of Sterry Cup triumphs in style, with a 6-1 win at nearest rivals Blofield United.
Ian Morgan led the way for Acle with a hat-trick, with James Foreman, Tim Henery and Aaron Sanders also on the scoresheet. Tom Cullumbine replied for Blofield.
The only other club to have won three Premier Division titles in a row was Wroxham in the 1980s.
Fionn Goodwin-Wright and Elliot Lythgoe scored for Harleston Town as they beat Norwich CEYMS 2-1, to finish third. Lewis Smith scored for CEYMS. A Reece Logan goal was not enough as Long Stratton lost 2-1 to Dersingham Rovers, who were indebted to Jack Webber and an own goal. Kane Taylor, Sam Gauntlett and Jamie North scored for Spixworth to earn a 3-2 win over Caister, whose goals came from Nicholas Crawley.
Goals from Haydn Davis and James Smith gave St Andrews a 2-1 win at Wroxham Reserves, whose scorer was Jordan Attree.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One, goals from Benjamin Norton-Hugman (2), Edward Cussons and Thomas Green gave Scole a 4-2 win at Aylsham, for whom Tom Bush and James Oliver scored. Scole play Beccles then leaders Mulbarton Wanderers in their final two matches to decide the title.
A hat-trick from Ben Darby and one from Andy Lees gave Foulsham a 4-2 win over Bradenham Wanderers, with Tom Spalding and Karl Bush getting the other goals. North Walsham beat Stalham Town 1-0.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 6 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 9 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 10 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened