Anglian Combination strugglers Wymondham Town stun title-chasing Mattishall
Relegation battlers Wymondham Town stunned title-chasing Mattishall with a 3-2 victory in the Premier Division on Saturday.
James McCloy, Calum Webb and Jonathan Phipps handed Wymondham just their third league win of the season, with Christian Harbour and Connor Delaney on target for fading Mattishall.
Cromer's match at North Walsham was postponed, allowing Blofield to close the gap on the leaders to one point with a 4-1 win over Norwich St Johns. Chris Holmes and Ben Morgan both netted twice for Blofield, while Lloyd Greening was St Johns' scorer.
Hempnall beat fellow strugglers St Andrews 4-1, with goals from Damian Didwell, Ben Player, Kirt Bardsley and an own goal. Adam Brock was on target for St Andrews.
Daniel Colk and Nathan Thompson both bagged braces in Acle's 5-1 win at bottom side Wells, with Luke Goreham also netting. Daniel Grocott scored for the Seasiders.
You may also want to watch:
Ashley Ling scored twice and Aaron Jones also found the net in Loddon United's 3-2 victory against Wroxham Reserves, who had a double from Jamie George.
Sheringham drew 1-1 at Beccles, Kristian Gleave netting for the visitors and Damon Bensley on target for the hosts.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
Division One leaders Stalham were beaten 3-1 at lowly Hindringham. Mark Betts (2) and Asa Saunders scored for Hindringham, with Darren Patterson firing in for Stalham. Their lead was cut to three points as Dersingham won 2-0 against Sprowston Athletic. Chris Jenkins and Trevor Daniels got Dersingham's goals.
Fellow challengers Poringland Wanderers faltered with a 3-1 defeat to Holt, who had goals from Andrew Hanby, James Wright and Lee Clarke.
Lowly Bradenham Wanderers picked up a valuable point in a 1-1 draw against high-flying Hellesdon. Matthew Cross netted for Bradenham and Glen Sharp scored for Hellesdon.
Elsewhere, Carenton Turner scored twice in Brandon Town's 4-2 win at Corton and James Taylor also hit a double as Horsford United beat bottom side Watton 6-3, despite a brace from Xavier Huckle.
Dale Rayner also bagged two for Norwich CEYMS in a 2-2 draw with Caister and Beau Howard scored as Reepham beat Long Stratton 1-0.