Anglian Combination round-up: Spixworth take over at the top
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Spixworth took advantage of other teams not playing to go top with a 2-1 win at Long Stratton thanks to goals from Shaun Wones and Scott Woodcock.
A hat-trick from William Goulding and another from Jack Payne gave Scole United a welcome 4-1 win at Norwich CEYMS. Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves also beat Mattishall 4-1, scorers Aiden Lowe (two), Michael Tacon, Kaiden Goldspink and Jack Garwood for the visitors. The other four games were postponed due to the wet conditions – Blofield United v Reepham Town, Cromer Town v Harleston Town, Mulbarton Wanderers v Dersingham Rovers and Wroxham Reserves v Caister.
In Division One a Tom Mawford hat-trick gave leaders Waveney a 3-1 win over Wymondham Town, Tommy Salmon got their goal.
Jack Mollicone and Philip Read both scored for Aylsham to beat Beccles Town 2-1, their scorer was Robert Bishop.
Sheringham beat Hindringham 3-0 with goals from Chris Fuller (two) and Scott Sutherland-Gray.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Hook and Jordan Rowe scored for Bradenham Wanderers to share a 2-2 draw with Loddon United, whose goals came through Christopher Ayre and Matt Ayre.
Goals from Ryan Beeson, Charlie Skipper and Tom McCarthy gave Stalham Town 3-1 win over Poringland, who only had an own goal to show for their efforts. The other two matches were postponed.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 7 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 8 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 9 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 10 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould