Anglian Combination round-up: Spixworth take over at the top
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Spixworth took advantage of other teams not playing to go top with a 2-1 win at Long Stratton thanks to goals from Shaun Wones and Scott Woodcock.
A hat-trick from William Goulding and another from Jack Payne gave Scole United a welcome 4-1 win at Norwich CEYMS. Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves also beat Mattishall 4-1, scorers Aiden Lowe (two), Michael Tacon, Kaiden Goldspink and Jack Garwood for the visitors. The other four games were postponed due to the wet conditions – Blofield United v Reepham Town, Cromer Town v Harleston Town, Mulbarton Wanderers v Dersingham Rovers and Wroxham Reserves v Caister.
In Division One a Tom Mawford hat-trick gave leaders Waveney a 3-1 win over Wymondham Town, Tommy Salmon got their goal.
Jack Mollicone and Philip Read both scored for Aylsham to beat Beccles Town 2-1, their scorer was Robert Bishop.
Sheringham beat Hindringham 3-0 with goals from Chris Fuller (two) and Scott Sutherland-Gray.
Nick Hook and Jordan Rowe scored for Bradenham Wanderers to share a 2-2 draw with Loddon United, whose goals came through Christopher Ayre and Matt Ayre.
Goals from Ryan Beeson, Charlie Skipper and Tom McCarthy gave Stalham Town 3-1 win over Poringland, who only had an own goal to show for their efforts. The other two matches were postponed.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 3 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 7 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
- 10 Travel: Stay in a 'gingerbread' cottage on a Norfolk farm