Anglian Combination round-up: Spixworth maintain title challenge with Blofield win
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Spixworth maintained their title bid with a narrow win over Blofield United thanks to a Luke Tuttle strike and an own goal.
Goals from Nathan Russell (two), Scott Roberts and Nicholas Howell gave Harleston Town a 4-2 win at home to Stalham Town, their goals came from Lewis Crosby and Lawrence Cheese.
Third-placed Wroxham Reserves also won, as Ben Fawkes (two), Daniel Rogers, Matthew Doyle and Aaron Attree scored to beat Cromer Town 5-3, Antoni Fawkes (two) and Jack Crane scored the others.
Two goals from Matthew Adcock gave Norwich CEYMS a 2-1 win at Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves with Kaiden Goldspink replying.
St Andrews and Waveney shared a 1-1 draw, scorers Mason Roe and Ryan Bloomfield. Xavier Huckle, George Gagen and Orren Oliver got the goals to give Mattishall a 3-1 win over Caister, Chris Sandford got their goal.
You may also want to watch:
In the Mummery Cup semi-finals, Acle United travelled to Mundford and Aaron Sanders scored twice to win 2-0. Unfortunately Mulbarton Wanderers v Reepham Town was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
In Division One, leaders Aylsham beat Wymondham Town 2-0 with goals from Jack Mollicone and Matthew Billing. George Watts-Sturrock, Scott Sutherland-Gray and Jason Spalding scored for Bradenham Wanderers to beat Attleborough Town 3-1, with Jack Flynn replying.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash
Goals from Liam Harvey-Cooper, Joseph Clark and Jason Clarke gave Beccles Town a 3-0 win at Holt United. Hellesdon travelled up to Dersingham Rovers and won 4-1, scorers Connor Charlesworth (two), Tom Blake, Connor Simpson and Josh Hazell for home team.
Bungay Town beat North Walsham Town 3-0 with goals from Dominic Mirner, Nathan Moore and Luke Spear.
Shane Cox and Jordan Rocastle scored two each for Sheringham to beat Hindringham 4-1, other scorer was Daniel Croker. Goals from Matthew Ayre (two), Lewis Frost and Gary Summons gave Loddon United a 4-0 win at Scole United.