Anglian Combination round-up: Spixworth go top after Caister win
- Credit: Archant
The weekend fixture schedule was decimated by the weather, with only one Premier Division match surviving.
Spixworth took advantage, to go top, travelling to Caister and coming away with a 4-1 win thanks to goals from Shaun Wones (two), Jordan Rocastle, Scott Woodcock and Mike Fennell for the home team.
In Division One there were three matches whilst all the others were postponed.
Two goals from Glen Spooner gave Hellesdon a 2-1 win at Bradenham Wanderers, who had an own goal.
In the relegation battle, Holt United and Poringland Wanderers shared a 1-1 draw, scorers Lee Clarke and Matt Wright.
You may also want to watch:
In a high scoring match, a hat-trick from Chris Fuller and one each from Marcus Ashley and Jonathon Large gave Sheringham a 5-4 win over Loddon United, their goals came from Jake Rose, Reece Evans, Aarron Jones and Matthew Ayre.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 5 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 6 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 9 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 10 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold