Anglian Combination round-up: Spixworth go top after Caister win
- Credit: Archant
The weekend fixture schedule was decimated by the weather, with only one Premier Division match surviving.
Spixworth took advantage, to go top, travelling to Caister and coming away with a 4-1 win thanks to goals from Shaun Wones (two), Jordan Rocastle, Scott Woodcock and Mike Fennell for the home team.
In Division One there were three matches whilst all the others were postponed.
Two goals from Glen Spooner gave Hellesdon a 2-1 win at Bradenham Wanderers, who had an own goal.
In the relegation battle, Holt United and Poringland Wanderers shared a 1-1 draw, scorers Lee Clarke and Matt Wright.
You may also want to watch:
In a high scoring match, a hat-trick from Chris Fuller and one each from Marcus Ashley and Jonathon Large gave Sheringham a 5-4 win over Loddon United, their goals came from Jake Rose, Reece Evans, Aarron Jones and Matthew Ayre.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner