Anglian Combination round-up: Saints back on top as CEYMS slip up at home
St Andrews regained top spot with a 2-1 win at Reepham Town thanks to goals from Haydn Davis and Michael Capleton
Norwich Ceyms dropped to second after a 1-1 draw at home to Mattishall. Jack Garwood put the visitors ahead with a penalty but David Tayler equalised late on to ensure a share of the spoils.
Harleston Town dented Dersingham Rovers' hopes with a 3-1 win. Ben Morgan scored for Blofield United but they lost 2-1 to Cromer Town, their scorers were Darren Terrington and Adam Willmott.
A Mark Sutcliffe goal was enough to give Mulbarton Wanderers a 1-0 win over Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves. William Goulding scored a hat-trick, and Benjamin Norton-Hugman got another, for Scole United to earn a 4-1 win over fellow strugglers Long Stratton, Chris Bartram scored for them.
In the Mummery Cup semi-finals, a Jordan Rocastle hat-trick saw Spixworth beat Acle United 3-1, with Aaron Saunders replying. In the other semi-final, an own goal gave Caister a 1-0 win at Wroxham Reserves, after the home keeper had to go off with a head injury. We wish him a speedy recovery.
You may also want to watch:
Waveney marched on in Division One, with a 4-0 win at Poringland Wanderers with goals from Ryan Bloomfield, Sam Shepherd, Luke Salmon and Jamie Smith. Harley Pluck and Kevin Riches scored for Bungay Town to beat Foulsham 2-1, whose scorer was Matt Barwell.
A hat-trick from Chris Fuller and one each from Shane Cox, Scott Sutherland-Gray and Roy Bevis, earned Sheringham a 6-1 win at Hellesdon.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 7 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
Bradenham Wanderers went on a goal spree, beating Aylsham 7-2, scorers Tom Spalding (2), Nick Hook (2), Joel Brien (2), Jake Watson and for the visitors, Steve Bush and Jack Mollicone. A hat-trick from Liam Harvey-Cooper and one each from Joe Clark and Paul Heaney gave Beccles Town a 5-1 win over Hempnall, Cameron Mulley getting the other.
Matthew Parkin (2), Shaun Jermy and Chris Ayre scored for Loddon United to beat Hindringham 4-2, their scorers were Liam Forge and Harrison Futter. Liam Jackson got both goals for North Walsham Town as they won 2-1 over Wymondham Town, Leon Brock got their goal. Stalham Town beat Holt United 2-0, scorers Jordan Tipple and Ryan Beeson.