Anglian Combination round-up: Matt Howard hits brace for Harleston in win over Wroxham Reserves
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
The first weekend of the Anglian Combination season saw seven fixtures played in the Premier Division.
Blofield started their season with a 3-3 draw at home to Waveney. Isaac Mace, Daniel McKail and Robbie Fryers scored for the Beavers whilst Tom Morford, Mark Clay and Sam Clay got the visitors' goals.
Two of the promoted sides played out a five-goal thriller as Bradenham beat Beccles 3-2 thanks to a George Watts-Sturrock hat-trick, with Neil Hurrell and Keiran Bale bagging for Beccles.
Harleston started their quest to go one better than last season with a 3-1 win over Wroxham's second string thanks to goals from Sam Willis and Matt Howard (two).
Hellesdon remain unbeaten following a 4-0 win at home to Caister, Keegan Charlesworth (two), Connor Charlesworth and Tom Blake getting the goals.
You may also want to watch:
Reepham were on the wrong end of a 4-1 home defeat to Don Frost Cup winners Mulbarton as Elliot Altay (three) and Ben Thompson scored for the visitors, with Chris Johnson grabbing the Robins' consolation.
St Andrews had a solid 2-0 win at home against Long Stratton who prop up the early league table thanks to goals from Sam Whiting and Mason Roe.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 3 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
The result of the day saw 12 goals at Stalham with CEYMS running out 9-3 winners. Lewis Swatman (four), Lewis Allen (two), Lewis Easter, Darren Smith and Tom Amis scoring for CEYMS with Aaron Hyland, Dan Camish and Darren Miller adding Stalham's goals.
The First Division started with a 5-1 win for Attleborough against Aylsham and a brace each for Jamie Venables and Dan Whitman, with Jack Flynn getting the other. Howard Collier scored for the visitors.
Hindringham against Kirkley Reserves (Kevin Clipston and Reece Borrett) and Yelverton v Hoveton (OG and Rhys Cousins) both finished 1-1.
Loddon were on the wrong end of a 2-0 home defeat to Mundford (Ian Fancett and Dan Barnes) with North Walsham taking a point home from Scole in the division's final game after a 2-2 draw. Ben Norton-Hugman and David Coleman scoring for Scole with Dale Wilton and Jay Robertson scoring for Walsham.