Anglian Combination round-up: Harleston Town drop first points of the season against Blofield United
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Harleston Town dropped their first points of the season in the Anglian Combination Premier Division after a 0-0 draw at home to Blofield United.
It allowed second-placed Bradenham Wanderers to close the gap at the top to 10 points as goals from Joel Brien and Lewis Fuller saw off Long Stratton.
Mulbarton Wanderers are up to fourth in the table following their 7-0 win at home to Stalham Town. Jack Guyton (3), Hayden Gibbons, Ben Thompson, Adam Bennett and Jamie Smith got the goals.
David Taylor and Thomas Amis were both on target in Norwich CEYMS' 2-1 win at home to Acle United whilst St Andrews cruised to a 2-0 win at Reepham Town courtesy of goals from Ryan Fisher and Sam Whiting.
Garrett Ward bagged a brace in Caister's 4-1 destruction of Mattishall whilst Scott Woodcock and Christopher Sandford also netted.
You may also want to watch:
Xavier Huckle got the consolation for Mattishall.
Hellesdon eased to a 4-1 win at Waveney thanks to goals from Joe Keeley, Mark Cornfield, Kane Moore and Jack Hurrell whilst Beccles Town won 2-0 at Wroxham Reserves - James Gill and Luke Bailey getting the goals.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 5 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 6 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
In the First Division Joshua Hoare's goal ensured UEA stayed top after their 1-0 success at Scole United whilst Wymondham Town are up to second after their 2-0 win against near rivals Attleborough Town.
Sheringham dropped to third after they were held to a 2-2 draw at Aylsham. Jack Crane and Jordan Rocastle were on target for the Shannocks but goals from Thomas Bush and Sam Bryant ensured a share of the spoils for the hosts.
Bungay Town hit six of the best in a 6-1 win at Loddon United – Ryan Cook, Josh Malin, Thomas Hunter (2), Reece Evans (2) getting the goals.
Yelverton picked up their fourth win of the season after a 4-1 victory at home to Hindringham. Daniel Cook (2), Thomas Crabb and an own goal doing the damage.
Bottom-placed Cromer Town were hammered 10-0 at home by North Walsham Town whilst Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves and Watton United fought out a goalless draw.