Anglian Combination round-up: Burdett helps himself to hat-trick as Blofield hit the goal trail
Leaders Blofield United went on a goal spree against Sheringham, winning 7-2.
Stephen Burdett notched a hat-trick with the others from Chris Holmes (2), Ashley Mitchell and Steven McNicholas. Sheringham's goals came from James Cooper and Colin Wines.
Blofield now lead Acle – who were without a game – on goal difference.
Goals from Danny Brown (2) and Ben Eyre earned Spixworth a 3-3 draw with Mattishall, whose scorers were Jake Anema (2) and Chris Halls. Dersingham Rovers continued their good run with a 2-0 win over Loddon United, with a Robert Palmer brace.
Two goals from Andrew Moody and one from Lloyd Quinton gave Reepham Town a 3-1 over Wymondham Town, whose goal came from Freddie Turner. Norwich CEYMS beat Beccles Town 1-0 through Lewis Easter while Blake Robinson and an own goal gave Wroxham Reserves a 2-1 win over Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves (Alex Holmes). St Andrews beat Caister 2-0, thanks to Lloyd Wilkinson and Scott Woodgate.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One, Long Stratton stay top after a 5-0 win over Holt United, with goals from Thomas Wright (2), John Curtis and Ben Nichols. Richard Young (2) and Ben Darby scored for Foulsham in a 3-3 draw with Horsford United, whose scorers were Dale Webster, Jake Watson and Ross Pantry.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week