Anglian Combination round-up: Acle lead Premier Division after Dersingham draw
Acle United lead the Premier Division by one point after a 1-1 draw at home with Dersingham Rovers.
Luke Thacker was on target for Rovers but the leaders were pegged back by Gary English's strike.
Goals from Joshua Halliday, Kieran Patel and Ben Graver extended Cromer Town's good run, beating second-placed Blofield United 3-2. The other goals came from Stephen Burdett and Chris Holmes. Spixworth took advantage with a 2-1 win over Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves thanks to goals from Matthew Elwin and Danny Brown.
Reepham Town went on a 7-1 goal spree at home to Wroxham Reserves, with a hat-trick each for Andrew Hanby and Travis Whitlam, plus another from Ben Soanes and Laurence York replying.
George Watts-Sturrock, Joe Edwards and Chris Halls scored for Mattishall as they beat Wymondham Town 3-2, Timothy Downs and Lewis McKerell getting the other goals. A hat-trick by Darrell Delaney and one from Darren Smith gave Norwich CEYMS a 4-1 win at Loddon United, Matthew Ayre getting their goal. Caister beat Sheringham 5-0, scorers Aaron Bowers (3), Garrett Ward and Thomas Rowley.
You may also want to watch:
St Andrews had to settle for a point as they drew 0-0 with Beccles Town.
In the top of the table clash in Division One, Richard Young scored for Foulsham as they drew 1-1 with Bradenham Wanderers, Joel Brien getting their goal.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
Unfortunately Long Stratton did not play as their match at Corton was postponed due to the pitch.
Foulsham and Long Stratton are level on points and goals difference but Stratton have games in hand.
Hellesdon lost 1-0 at home to Hindringham – Liam Forge getting the only goal.
Goals from Paul Bliss (3), Neil Renaut and Jamie Pretty gave Harleston Town a 5-1 win at Poringland Wanderers, their scorer was David Gilfillan.
Holt United beat Hempnall 5-0, with two goals each from Lee Clarke and Garry Thompson, plus another from Aaron Sands. Dale Wilton, Lewis Smith scored for North Walsham Town as they shared a 2-2 draw with Aylsham, their scorers were William Abbs and Stuart Boam.
Stalham Town beat Horsford United 2-0 through Nicholas Meale and Tom Gilbert.