Anglian Combination round-up: Harleston move nine points clear at top
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Harleston moved nine points clear at the top of the Premier Division thanks to a thumping 5-1 home win over Beccles.
Ryan Fuller, Jimmy Morrisey, Scott Roberts, Jake Imrie and an own goal ensured their nap hand. Neil Hurren replied for Beccles.
Second played third as CEYMS welcomed Mulbarton for their derby. Mulbarton finished the game with nine men but still came away with a point in a 1-1 draw. Lewis Allen scored for CEYMS before Charlie Aulert levelled.
At the foot of the table Reepham are on borrowed time it would appear as they lost 4-1 at home against Blofield. An Orren Oliver hat-trick and a strike from Jack Robins were enough for Blofield. Ash Dearing scored for Reepham.
Stalham made it two wins in a row as they beat Waveney 2-1 at home – Pat Gainsford and Darren Miller got their goals. An own goal wasn't enough for the away side.
You may also want to watch:
Acle are only out of the drop zone on goals scored as a Mason Roe strike was enough to see St Andrews win 1-0 and pull away from danger.
Hellesdon are up to fifth after a 3-0 away win at Caister thanks to goals from Joe Keeley, Jack Hurrell and Matt Gee.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
Wroxham Reserves earned three points thanks to a 2-1 win at home against Long Stratton. Ryan Miles and Jordan King got Wroxham's goals with Owen Page scoring for Stratton.
The game between Bradenham and Mattishall was postponed.
In Division One Wymondham are now 12 points clear with a game in hand as they had a solid 5-2 win over a resurgent Cromer. Liam Moriarty, Jordan Rocastle, Aaron Nixon, Ethan Hall and Tony Salmon got the league leaders' goals.
Sheringham lost ground as they lost 3-1 away at Yelverton. Elliott Lythgoe (2) and Lewis Clarry scored for Yelverton with Sheringham replying via an own goal.
UEA missed the opportunity to go second as they lost 2-1 away at North Walsham. AJ Johnson and Liam Clarke scored for the Angels with Alfie Draper scoring for UEA.
Loddon won for the first time in six as they beat Aylsham 3-2. Jake Rose, Matt Eyre and Simon Cookson bagged for Loddon and Aylsham's strikes came from Sam Bryant and James Pipe.
Scole made it two wins in a row thanks to a 4-1 home win over Watton. Matt Brown, Chris Collins-Reid, Alex Blakely and Liam Smith scored for the hosts. Sam Childerhouse got the consolation for Watton.
Attleborough's recent woes continued and they are now winless in seven after a 2-0 away defeat at Kirkley and Pakefield Reserves whose goals came from Kaiden Goldspink and Karl Baker.
The game between Hindringham and Bungay finished goalless.