Anglian Combination: Acle United survive the weather to extend Premier Division lead
- Credit: Archant
The biggest winner this week was the weather with eight out of 15 senior matches falling foul of the wet conditions.
In the Premier Division a goal from Calum Webb saw Acle not only beat Mattishall 1-0, but extend their lead at the top of the table to nine points as well. Second-placed Long Stratton were held at home 1-1 by St Andrews with Andy Clitheroe scoring for Long Stratton with Jake Ridgley on target for the visitors.
Harleston Town put six past Sheringham without reply with Jamie Pretty, Nick Howell, Sam Watts, Fionn Goodwin Wright, Brendan Burke & Richard Brett all on target for the hosts.
Spixworth travelled to Kirkley & Pakefield Res and a single goal from Sam Gauntlett saw them beat the home side. The place for goals was at Reepham where Wroxham Res won by the odd goal in nine. Andy Hanby, Stephen Drake (2) and Dale Rayner were on target for Reepham but Wroxham Res hit back with goals from Tim Cary (2), Danny Rogers (2) and a Sam Harty penalty.
In Division One only two matches survived the weather. Goals from Tom Spalding, Karl Bush, Matthew Cross and Luke Goodrum saw Bradenham Wanderers beat North Walsham Town 4-0 and move into fifth place in the division.
You may also want to watch:
The performance of the day came at Mulbarton who beat Horsford United 7–1 with Mulbarton's scorers Simon Freemantle (5) Shaun Howes and Dale Simpson and Cruise Nyadzayo scoring Horsford's lone goal. The win puts Mulbarton in second position, just two points behind leaders Hempnall and three points ahead of third-placed Beccles Town.
Tomorrow sees Division One Scole United take on Wroxham at Trafford Park in the quarter-final of the Norfolk Senior Cup, kick-off 7.45pm.
- 1 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 2 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 3 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 6 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 7 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 8 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 9 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 10 Rail services affected after person hit by train