Anglian Combination: Acle head for Premier Division summit
- Credit: Archant
James Foreman's goal was enough to give Acle United a 1-0 win at Long Stratton as they went top of the Premier Division on goal difference.
Norwich CEYMS are close behind thanks to a 3-0 win over Mattishall after goals from from Darren Smith, Jack Hurrell and Connor Bassett. Wayne Twomlow and Kaiden Goldspink scored for Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves as they drew 2-2 with Harleston Town, their scorers being Chris Hall and Fionn Goodwin-Wright.
Reepham Town travelled to Blofield United and won 2-1 with goals from Joseph Manning, Mark George and Stephen Drake for the home team.
Spixworth slipped up, losing 4-1 at Sheringham, thanks to a brace apiece from Andrew Hubbard and Tom Graver. Goals from Jordan Penty and Nathan Howard earned Dersingham Rovers a 2-1 win over Cromer Town and Caister beat Wroxham Reserves 2-0, scorers Anton Ward and Henry Barnden.
St Andrews won 2-0 at Wymondham Town.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles Town are in the Suffolk Senior Cup quarter-finals after beating Wickham Market 7-1, with a hat-trick from Alan Remblance, two from Joseph Clark and one each from Alex Holmes and Sam Roberts.
In Division One, Mulbarton Wanderers went top on goal difference, beating Aylsham 2-0 thanks to goals from Simon Freemantle and Jamie Butler. James Edwards and Steven Dungar scored for Scole United but they lost 3-2 to Hempnall.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 9 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
- 10 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
Hindringham drew 1-1 with Foulsham with goals from Kieran Bacon and Chris Gibbons.
Horsford United also drew 1-1 with North Walsham Town, scorers Joseph McFarlane and Perry Payne. Goals from Matthew Sadler and Chris Baker earned Loddon United a 2-2 draw with Holt United, Lee Clarke getting both their goals.