Almary Green Anglian Combination League round-up: Taylor-made goal ensures inter-league success
- Credit: Archant
The Anglian Combination League's representative side are through to the next round of the FA Inter League Cup after a 3-2 win over visiting Thames Valley at Bungay.
The hosts pressured the visiting defence in the early stages, creating several chances, with Chris Hall going close before opening the scoring on nine minutes.
Hall then turned provider soon after when he set up Tom Amis who made it 2-0 in 16th minute.
The visiting keeper did well to keep out a free-kick and at the other end home keeper Ryan Hemmings reacted well to save a deflected effort.
In the second half, the visitors had more of the midfield play, but Kieran Rose overlapped on the left and his cross shot went close. Following some good passing moves, Thames Valley created several chances in a short period and pulled a goal back in the 25th minute.
You may also want to watch:
A few minutes later an Aaron Kay free-kick almost beat their keeper but he just managed to save and the visitors went down the other end and scored to make it 2-2.
As the Anglian Combination side pushed forward for the winner, Hall went close with a header which clipped the crossbar and saw a shot blocked by the keeper.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
With the match in extra-time and penalties looming, Rose created the chance for Kane Taylor to score the winner.
In the league, Roy Bevis helped himself to a hat-trick as Sheringham beat Foulsham 4-2 in Division One.