Almary Green Anglian Combination League round-up: Taylor-made goal ensures inter-league success
- Credit: Archant
The Anglian Combination League's representative side are through to the next round of the FA Inter League Cup after a 3-2 win over visiting Thames Valley at Bungay.
The hosts pressured the visiting defence in the early stages, creating several chances, with Chris Hall going close before opening the scoring on nine minutes.
Hall then turned provider soon after when he set up Tom Amis who made it 2-0 in 16th minute.
The visiting keeper did well to keep out a free-kick and at the other end home keeper Ryan Hemmings reacted well to save a deflected effort.
In the second half, the visitors had more of the midfield play, but Kieran Rose overlapped on the left and his cross shot went close. Following some good passing moves, Thames Valley created several chances in a short period and pulled a goal back in the 25th minute.
You may also want to watch:
A few minutes later an Aaron Kay free-kick almost beat their keeper but he just managed to save and the visitors went down the other end and scored to make it 2-2.
As the Anglian Combination side pushed forward for the winner, Hall went close with a header which clipped the crossbar and saw a shot blocked by the keeper.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
With the match in extra-time and penalties looming, Rose created the chance for Kane Taylor to score the winner.
In the league, Roy Bevis helped himself to a hat-trick as Sheringham beat Foulsham 4-2 in Division One.