Almary Green Anglian Combination League round-up: Mixed fortunes for 2014/15 Mummery Cup finalists
- Credit: Action Images
Goals from Kierron Rose, Shaun Wones and Kane Taylor helped Spixworth beat Waveney 3-1 as they got their Mummery Cup defence up and running.
Last season's runners-up Bradenham Wanderers – who netted through Ben Cissell – bowed out, losing 2-1 to Blofield United. Their scorers were Matthew Banham and Ben Morgan. Goals from Thomas Amis, Matthew Billing and Aaron Sanders gave Premier Division leaders Acle United a 3-1 win at Poringland Wanderers. James Oliver (2), Philip Read and Mark Gaskin gave Aylsham a deserved 4-1 win at home to Bungay.
Stalham Town lost 3-2 to St Andrews while Ian Babb's strike clinched a 1-0 win for Mulbarton Wanderers against Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves.
Damian Didwell's brace and a goal from Ben Gillies gave Mattishall a 3-1 win at Reepham Town. Wroxham Reserves triumphed by the same scoreline against Dersingham Rovers.
Norwich CEYMS saw off Hindringham 2-0 while four-goal Jason Clarke inspired Beccles Town to a 7-0 mauling of Hempnall. Jon-Robert Lovelock, Luke Bailey and an own goal sealed the rout.
You may also want to watch:
Other victors were Foulsham, North Walsham Town, Long Stratton, Scole United and Wymondham Town who needed penalties to beat Loddon United after drawing 2-2.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts