Almary Green Anglian Combination League round-up: Mixed fortunes for 2014/15 Mummery Cup finalists
- Credit: Action Images
Goals from Kierron Rose, Shaun Wones and Kane Taylor helped Spixworth beat Waveney 3-1 as they got their Mummery Cup defence up and running.
Last season's runners-up Bradenham Wanderers – who netted through Ben Cissell – bowed out, losing 2-1 to Blofield United. Their scorers were Matthew Banham and Ben Morgan. Goals from Thomas Amis, Matthew Billing and Aaron Sanders gave Premier Division leaders Acle United a 3-1 win at Poringland Wanderers. James Oliver (2), Philip Read and Mark Gaskin gave Aylsham a deserved 4-1 win at home to Bungay.
Stalham Town lost 3-2 to St Andrews while Ian Babb's strike clinched a 1-0 win for Mulbarton Wanderers against Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves.
Damian Didwell's brace and a goal from Ben Gillies gave Mattishall a 3-1 win at Reepham Town. Wroxham Reserves triumphed by the same scoreline against Dersingham Rovers.
Norwich CEYMS saw off Hindringham 2-0 while four-goal Jason Clarke inspired Beccles Town to a 7-0 mauling of Hempnall. Jon-Robert Lovelock, Luke Bailey and an own goal sealed the rout.
Other victors were Foulsham, North Walsham Town, Long Stratton, Scole United and Wymondham Town who needed penalties to beat Loddon United after drawing 2-2.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'